Legalon 140mg capsules 30’s [Exp:05/2019]
- Legalon 140 is a medicine acting on the liver
- Reinforces the regenerative capacity and functional efficiency of the liver.
- Most oral steroids are potentially toxic to the liver, even short durations can see elevated levels of toxins in the liver.
- Legalon 140 will help to detoxify and protect the liver , ultimately making the use of oral steroids safer for the liver.
- Legalon is the outcome of several decades of intensive research by Madaus. It is entirely of plant origin and is manufactured in the form of a dry extract from the fruits of the milk thistle.
- The active ingredient is silymarin, with its principal active component silibinin.
- Extensive research into this extract over the last 20 years has conclusively proved that this extract is beneficial in protecting and detoxifying the liver.
- 1 capsule contains: 173-186.7 mg dry extract from milk thistle fruits (equiv to silymarin 75-80.9%)
- odium carboxymethyl starch
- polysorbate 80
- magnesium stearate
- titanium dioxide E171
- ferric oxide E172
- dodecyl sodium sulphate
Legalon 140 Capsules, unless your doctor has directed otherwise, should be taken in a dose of 2 capsules 3 times daily when starting treatment and also in serious cases. A maintenance dose of 1 capsule 3 times daily is recommended. The capsules should be swallowed whole with a small amount of liquid. Legalon is a medicine of plant origin. Its active ingredient is extracted from the milk thistle (Silybum marianum).
Legalon has been employed for the treatment of liver diseases for almost 30 years. As regards side effects, a mild laxative action has occasionally been noted. Legalon can be taken before meals. This has the advantage that the active agent, known as silymarin, is more quickly absorbed into the body and can act more rapidly and effectively. Should any gastrointestinal problems occur, however, you can take Legalon during or after meals.